27.5.05

Alone in the Office, Half Past Three

I like the loneliness of the office in days like these. I like to wait for everyone to go home so I can come in and be alone. I actually wait outside for the last person to get out, so I can come in only after making sure nobody's in the premises...it's been like that since I first started working here, 6 years ago. I have to deal with so many people and so much loudness around on a daily basis, that this became kind of a blessing - being able to experience calmness, where normally there's chaos; the phone will not ring, the fax will not scream, the coffee will not be served, the lights will not be turned on, the door will not open. The only light on me now is the computer screen's, right on my face. I can hardly read a thing, but I can't care less. I'm not going to read anything, anyway. Today I'm shut, I'm in my hiding place.