29.11.09

small world...

or big world. it amazes me when I think of my family's very diverse background. my roots are literally spread around in three continents, as far as I know (and I don't know much farther back). see, my paternal grandparents: he was Russian, she was Polish. my maternal grandparents: he was Greek, she was Egyptian. I'm a Brazilian, living in the U.S. (currently) & I have cousins, aunts and uncles living in Canada, Chile, France, Israel, Italy and United States. We are all at least bilingual, our looks diverse - some of us are dark skinned, some of us white; some of us blond, even red haired, most of us dark with dark eyes, a couple of green eyed and one blue eyed kid. we are the product of only one religion, Jewish, but today the other half is Catholic and the kids mixed with the choice to choose their own religion when they want to. many accents, many places to stay when we travel, and one chosen country in the end - Brasil - where everybody and everything came together as one, big, happy, great family.